- ACEITLMS Publications
ACEITLMS PUBLICATIONS DURING LAST FOUR YEARS 2017-2021
For the implementation of its mission of strengthening human capacity to deliver researchbased quality teaching and learning of mathematics and science, ACEITLMS students and associate members published 85 research papers in different international journals, during last four years 2017-2021. Thirty-six of them were published in journals indexed by Scopus.
The following is the list of papers that were published in journals indexed by Scopus.
1. Uworwabayeho, A., Milligan, L. O., Tickly, L., Williams,T., & Vianney,J.M. (2017). Textbook availability and use in Rwandan basic education: A mixed-methods study. International Journal of Educational Development, 54(2017), 1-7. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0738059316301390
2. Nsengimana,V, Habimana,O., & Ngarukiye,V. (2017). Knowledge, Attitudes and Awareness of Pre-Service Teachers on Biodiversity Conservation in Rwanda. International Journal of Environmental and Science Education, 12(4), 643-652. http://www.ijese.net/makale/1834
3. Mukuka, A., Mutarutinya., V., Balimuttajjo, S. (2019). Exploring the barriers to effective cooperative learning implementation in school mathematics classrooms. Problems of Education in the 21st century, 77(6), 745-757. http://oaji.net/articles/2019/457-1575642623.pdf
4. Ndihokubwayo, K., Uwamahoro,J., Ndayambaje,I.,& Ralph,M. (2020). Light phenomena conceptual assessment: an inventory tool for teachers. Physics Education, 55(3). https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1361-6552/ab6f20
5. Njiku, J., Mutarutinya, V., & Maniraho, J.F. (2020). Developing technological pedagogical content knowledge survey items: A review of literature. Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education, 36 (3), 150-165. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/21532974.2020.1724840
7. Mukuka, A., Mutarutinya., V., Balimuttajjo, S. (2020). Data on students’ mathematical reasoning test scores: A quasi-experiment. Data in Brief, 30(2020), 105546. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352340920304406?via%3Dihub
9. Nsengimana, T., Mugabo, L.R., Hiroaki,O., & Nkundabakura, P. (2020). Reflection on science competence-based curriculum implementation in Sub-Saharan African countries. International Journal of Science Education, part B, 10 (2), 1- 15. https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/GNT744DGTVG7RSXX8ZRJ/full?target=10.1080/21548455.2020.1778210
10. Ndihokubwayo, K., Uwamahoro, J. & Ndayambaje, I. (2020). Implementation of the Competence-Based Learning in Rwandan Physics Classrooms: First Assessment Based on the Reformed Teaching Observation Protocol. EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education,1-8.
11. Ndihokubwayo, K., Uwamahoro, J. & Ndayambaje, I. (2020). Usability of Electronic Instructional Tools in the Physics Classroom. EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 1-10. https://www.ejmste.com/article/usability-of-electronic-instructional-too...
12. Ndihokubwayo, K., Uwamahoro, J. & Ndayambaje, I. (2020). Effectiveness of PhET Simulations and YouTube Videos to Improve the Learning of Optics in Rwandan Secondary Schools. African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education. 24(2), 253-265. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/18117295.2020.1818042
13. Mukuka, A., Mutarutinya, V., & Balimutajjo, S. (2021). Mediating effect of self-efficacy on the relationship between instruction and students’ Mathematical reasoning. Journal on Mathematics Education. 12(1)73-92. https://ejournal.unsri.ac.id/index.php/jme/article/view/12508.
15. Ndihokubwayo, K., Nyirahabimana, P. & Musengimana, T. (2021). Teaching and Learning Bucket Model: Experimented with Mechanics Baseline Test. European Journal of Educational Research. 10(2) 525-536. https://www.eu-jer.com/EU-JER_10_2_525.pdf
16. Ndihokubwayo, K., Ndayambaje, I. & Uwamahoro, J. (2021). Analysis of Lesson Plans from Rwandan Physics Teachers. International Journal of Learning,Teaching and Educational Research.19(12) 1-29. https://www.ijlter.org/index.php/ijlter/article/view/2872/pdf
18. Opanga, D. & Nsengimana, V. (2021). Practice in Teaching and Learning of Invertebrates: Evaluating the Effectiveness of Pedagogical Language Strategies in Tanzania Secondary Schools. EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education. 17(2) 1-22. https://www.ejmste.com/article/practice-in-teaching-and-learning-of-invertebrates-evaluating-the-effectiveness-of-pedagogical-9697
20. Nsengimana,T., Mugabo, R.L., Hiroaki, O. & Nkundabakura, P. (2021). Science Competence-based Curriculum Implementation in Rwanda: A Multiple Case Study of the Relationship between a School’s Profile of Implementation and its Capacity to Innovate. African Journal of Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education. 24(3). https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/9CUYETD2VAUVGGDNJZ8H/full?target=10.1080/18117295.2021.1888020
21. Uwamahoro, J., Ndihokubwayo, K., Ralph, M. & Ndayambaje, I. (2021). Physics Students’ Conceptual Understanding of Geometric Optics: Revisited Analysis. Journal of Science Education and Technology. 30(1). https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10956-021-09913-4
22. Mbonyiryivuze, A., Yadav, L.L. & Amadalo, M.M. (2021). Students’ attitudes towards physics in Nine Years Basic Education in Rwanda. International Journal of Evaluation and Research in Education (IJERE). 10(2) 648-659. http://ijere.iaescore.com/index.php/IJERE/article/view/21173
23. Ukobizaba, F., Ndihokubwayo, K., Mukuka, A. & Uwamahoro, J. (2021). From what Makes Students Dislike Mathematics towards its Effective Teaching Practices. Bolema- Mathematics Education Bulletin. 35(70)17. https://www.scielo.br/j/bolema/a/YBFLXFrXv7KWQWYNm6BjN4B/?lang=en
25. Ndihokubwayo, K.,Ndayambaje, I. & Uwamahoro, J. (2021). Classroom Observation Data Collected to Document the Implementation of Physics Competence-Based Curriculum in Rwanda. Data in Brief. 35. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352340921003395
27. Byusa, E., Kampire, E. & Mwesigye, R. A. (2020). A case study on chemistry classroom practices in the Rwandan secondary schools. Heliyon. 7(6)7. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2405844021014559
28. Bob, C. N. (2021). An Overview of Inquiry-based Science Instruction amid Challenges. EURASIA Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education.
29. Munyemana, J.J., Nsanganwimana, F., & Gaparayi, G. (2021). Secondary school Teachers’ levels of integrating ICT tools into Biology teaching and learning process. International Journal of Education and Practice (IJEP).
30. Mukuka, A., Shumba, O., & Mulenga, H.M. (2021). Students’ experiences with remote learning during the COVID-19 school closure: implications for mathematics education. Heliyon, 7(7),8. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2405844021016261
31. Dorimana, A., Nizeyimana,G., & Uworwabayeho, A. (2021). Teacher-Student lnteractions for Enhanced Learning in Mathematics Classrooms. International Journal of Evaluation and Research in Education (IJERE).
32. Musengimana, J., Kampire, E., & Ntawiha, P. (2021). Investigation of Most Commonly Used Instructional Methods inTeaching Chemistry: Rwandan Lower Secondary Schools. International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research (IJLTER), 20(2021).
33. Mukagihana, J., Nsanganwimana, F., & Catherine, M. A. (2021). How Pre-service Teachers Learn Microbiology using Lecture, Animations, and Laboratory Activities at one Private University in Rwanda. International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research (IJLTER), 20 (2021).
34. Dorimana, A., Nizeyimana,G., & Uworwabayeho, A. (2021). Examining Mathematical Problem-Solving Beliefs among Rwandan Secondary School Teachers. International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research (IJLTER), 20(2021).
35. Sibomana, A. Bob,C.N., Nzabalirwa,W, Nsanganwimana, F., & Karegeya, C., Sentongo, J. (2021). Factors Affecting the Achievement of Twelve-Year Basic Students in Mathematics and Sciencein Rwanda. International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research, 20(2021), 61-84. https://ijlter.org/index.php/ijlter/article/view/3855/pdf
36. Mukagihana, J., Nsanganwimana, F., & Catherine, M. A. (2021). Effect of instructional methods on pre-service science teachers learning outcomes: a meta-analysis. Education and Information Technologies, 26(2021), 30.